skip to main content
  • Login
  • Register

Money matters

The Council uses national rules to work out if you are eligible for help with paying for any care and support you need. Following your care assessment, if it is agreed that Social Care will provide a personal budget or can help support you, someone from the Financial Assessment and Benefits (FAB) Team will talk with you to work out what contribution you may have to pay.

A personal budget is money allocated so that you can achieve the things agreed with the Council in your care and support plan.

Direct Payments are money paid by the Council to people who have assessed care and support needs so that they have greater choice and control, and can arrange and pay for their own care and support.

You may be entitled to claim for extra money from the Department for Work and Pensions to help you with your living costs.

We have lots of information available to help you, but we always recommend that you talk with someone completely independent about money matters.

Information and advice in this section