skip to main content
  • Login
  • Register

Sensory loss

There are national and local organisations which provide support and information services.

You can also find information about sensory loss on the County Council website. There are information sheets on various topics, including, your rights, employment, leisure and education. 

The Council has specialist sensory loss workers who can talk with you and give you information and advice.

To be put in touch with a specialist social worker, please phone Somerset Direct on 0300 123 2224.

Dual sensory loss

Deaf-blindness is a unique disability. It is often known as dual sensory impairment or multi-sensory impairment, and is a combination of visual and hearing impairments.

There is guidance to help you in the Council's hearing loss and sight loss information sheets.

Information and advice in this section