British Red Cross Support at Home
We support patients upon discharge from hospital and can offer:
- help with shopping (with the patient or on their behalf)
- transport to appointments
- collecting prescriptions
- transport home from hospital and settling in
- help in regaining independence and confidence
- signposting to other services
- providing access to mobility aids
All referrals must come through a health professional upon discharge home, but do get in touch if you have just come home from hospital and no referral has been made for you.
We also have expanded the service in Minehead to accept referrals from all parties due to funding received.
Please note that this service cannot provide help with personal or domestic care, but can help to signpost to companies who do provide this level of support. This service is a short term support offer, delivered by volunteers.
To qualify for this service you must be aged 18 years and over and live in Somerset.
|Price:||Free of charge|
|Total price:||Free of charge|