Organisation type: Private
A specialised Mental Health Support Service for people with a range of mental health needs from younger people experiencing psychosis to older people with dementia.
- Are you feeling anxious, low in mood, isolated and hopeless about the future?
- Are you becoming increasingly forgetful?
- Do you struggle to leave the house or feel positive and confident when you are in social situations?
- Are you troubled by overwhelming thoughts or voices?
- Do you experience confusing mood swings?
- Are you finding it hard to organise your life or to manage mounting debts?
- Are you having difficulties in your relationships or working life?
- Are you struggling to manage the demands of modern living?
Would you like some emotional and practical support and advice to help you to regain some control over your life? Would you like to develop some strategies to help you manage your difficulties?
Maitri services is run by Hilary Reynolds who has 18 years experience of working with Young Carers, Adults with Physical Disabilities and for the past 14 years within Community Mental Health Teams within the NHS. I have specialist training and interest in Mental Health Practice, Law and Policy, Domestic Abuse and teaching Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy.
I offer a range of advice and support, both practical and emotional, including support to help you to access local resources or shops, groups or activities, advice about how to access public services and to organise your life. I can help you to develop a greater understanding of your difficulties, using evidence based techniques such as Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, CBT principles, Anxiety Management and other psychological and social interventions.
I work respectfully promoting an individual's dignity and choice as set out within the Common Core Principles to support good mental health and wellbeing, using qualities that include empathy, compassion, honesty, consistency, integrity, optimism, friendliness and collaboration.
A telephone consultation of up to 15 minutes will give us an opportunity to find out more information and explore ways that we can work together. An initial session will usually last an hour and a half, after which individual sessions of one hour, or blocks sessions can be booked. Sessions will be on a one-to-one basis if suitable at your home, or another agreed venue. I can offer telephone or Skype sessions. All sessions will be conducted within strict confidentiality guidelines.
Initial telephone consultation (usually 15 mins) FREE
First session (usually 1.5 hours) £30
Hourly sessions £25 per hour private work.
£17.50 Sliding scale/concessions for those on low wages, or on DWP benefits/Director Payments.
- Contact Telephone: 07974 149347
- Contact Hours: 9-5 Monday to Thursday